Most realtors will say to you that there’s nothing more pleasing to potential home buyers than natural wood kitchen cabinets, because they bring a sense of sophistication and warmth into any kitchen. There are a lot of other benefits of real wood kitchen cabinets. If you are going to be doing a Kitchen Renovation in Wellington for instance, you definitely want to find someone that can do beautiful natural wood cabinets to match the scenery and horses.
1. Natural wood cabinets go with any kitchen style. You’ll notice certain practices concerning the woods and finishes typically found in a variety of kitchen styles, along with traditions about cabinet door styles. For instance, a darker solid wood like ebony, mahogany or cherry is most suitable in a traditional, country or eclectic style kitchen. It would rarely be used in present day styles.
2. Wood cabinets are tough and resilient. Wood base cabinets will very easily support any sort of counter top material, including stone (granite, slate, marble, or concrete), and they hold up well under substantial use, in addition to steam and heat. Most little dings, nicks or scratches can be simply fixed. After a while, wood can be re-finished, restored, cleaned as well as, painted or stained.
3. Hardwood cabinets are clearly preferable to any material that is MDF or veneered. Cabinets that are created with glue should be very carefully maintained considering the fact that the glue could be damaged by the moisture at some point and the laminate or veneer will begin to curl or peel. Wood will never curl or peel.
4. Hardwood kitchen cabinets are available in a wide range of wood choices and stains, allowing a homeowner to buy the color and wood that best complement the layout and décor of their home. Numerous woods could be completed in several ways to create a completely unique surface.
5. Wood cabinets are safe. Unlike metal cabinets, you’ll find nothing is in wood cabinets which can chemically affect the food kept in them.
6. Wood kitchen cabinets will not ever go out of fashion. For this reason their beauty and warmth improve the visual appeal and value of a home when it is time to offer it for sale.
Understanding these points, you now have a better understanding concerning why many people choose solid wood kitchen cabinets instead of any other type.